- Assists with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signs, and ensure appropriate décor (florals, linens, color schemes, etc.) to meet the quality expectations.
- Conduct research, make site visits, and find resources to help staff make decisions about event possibilities.
- Create and revised room layouts for each event.
- Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
- Serve as liaison with vendors.
- Assist with managing on-site production and clean up for events as necessary.
- Prepare nametags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
- On cite presence from beginning to end of event.
- Assist with preparing budgets and provide periodic progress reports.
- Keep track of event finances including check requests, invoicing, and reporting.
- Coordinate appointments and visits to see space, and scheduling of events on the calendar.
- Prepare and modify event contracts as requested